So, I wrote this awhile back, but life has kind of gotten out of hand lately, so I never actually got around to posting it. Oops. Total blogger fail. This was supposed to be the Fancy Mommy Gift Guide, but let’s just see how we did here. I got a lot of things from this list, so did I win? Yep.
This is my Christmas list. And it’s outrageous. And I don’t expect to get everything on this list, but I am giving y’all my Christmas list. A lot of millennials are spoiled as all hell, and I am one of those. But it’s cool. I own it. I like nice things. It looks pretentious, and it probably is. But that’s just the way I roll. So here we go!
I’m going to organize this similarly to the way I organized my husband’s Christmas list.
Big ticket items, practical things, and stocking stuffers.
The Big Ones
(1) Chevy Suburban. (not even telling you how much we paid for this car because it’s embarrassing… dumb millennials). A new car. With three kids in our near future, the little Volvo wasn’t cutting it anymore in terms of space. I need captain’s chairs, an aisle, bluetooth, navigation, a backup camera, and a power-lift trunk, so I can get groceries in there while simultaneously wrangling my offspring, and then I can also get out of the crazy Publix parking lot without running into anything while listening to some jams besides the Trolls CD. This gift actually came early, and I could not be any more excited about it. I’ve already learned how to park her in a crowded parking lot, and it’s just amazing. There is so much room in this thing. It’s kind of like a small airplane. I love it. I don’t really need anything else, but I will still continue with my wish list. Side note: We’re going to call her White Lightning. CHECK! Thanks babe, and thanks Jim Hudson Lexus of Augusta!
(2) Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM in Damier Azur Canvas with rose ballerine interior. This will run you $1340.00. Like I said, this is just for fun. Because who wouldn’t want this bag? Everyone wants this bag. I’m not expecting it to be sitting underneath our Christmas tree though anytime soon. But if you never ask, you’ll never know. So I’m just throwing that out there. Nope. Not this year. Birthday???
(3) A new pair red of Hunter Boots. $150 (but they’re on sale right now for $113.00 if you go to the Hunter website). Or whatever color she wants. I want some matte military red size 6, in case you’re wondering. I’ve got black ones, but a pair of red rain boots just feels sassy. I like sassy. Nope. I’m cool with it though.
(4) HSI Professional Glider Titanium Flatiron. $149.00. Lucky you can get 30% off this baby by using the code HSI30 (on any HSI product site wide) and free shipping on anything over $25 if you order from their site. One of the perks of being a blogger. Sometimes people will send me things to review for them. So my husband didn’t have to buy this for me this year. By the way, this straightener is amazing. I’ll even dare to say I like it better than the CHI straighteners I’ve had in the past…and that’s high praise! Ya feel me? CHECK!
I received this product complimentary from HSI Professional . All opinions are 100% my own #gifted #honestreview #octolyfamily
The Practical Gifts
(1) a Smoosh Blanket. (on sale for about $60) If you’ve never seen one of these, they are the comfiest most heavenly blankets in the world. The thick yarn they use to knit these babies must have come from the clouds because thats how soft these things are. Everyone needs this blanket in their life. Especially if you’re a basic millennial. Or a mom. Can’t you just see yourself snuggled up on the couch watching Netflix and downing a glass of Moscato D’Asti with this blanket? I can. So cozy. Early bedtimes for everyone. CHECK! Because I ordered this myself awhile back.
(2) a Pom Beanie from @shippsscarves. $26.50 Samantha Shipp; Shipps Scarves Etsy Shop. These are the most precious beanies I’ve ever seen. This girl boss makes these by hand, y’all, and they are just fabulous. I love mine! First of all, I’ve always been a hat girl, and secondly, this little pom keeps me on trend with the other fashion bloggers– who are just slaying it. So chic. Great quality, small shop, and handmade? YES, YES, and YES. All the yes. Shop her precious site for beanies and scarves. CHECK!
Pom Beanie gifted to me from ShippsScarves Etsy shop. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
(3) Faux Fur Robe – Ivory/Caramel Ombre from Pottery Barn. Currently on sale for $90.00. This is such a fancy robe. As a stay-at-home-mom, robes are a necessity. Once you’re all in for the day, and you just aren’t feeling a bra anymore, you can’t just walk around naked. I wish I could because that would just be glorious, but it’s not okay to do that when you’ve got kids and a husband. Not socially acceptable. So you can throw on your softest tee shirt and panties or hot pants, and put a robe on over it, and you will still be able to answer the door. You just need one of these. Monogramming available. I’d choose the overlapping pair monogram (LM) in red thread. Fab. U. Lous. Nope. Birthday???
(4) Clarks Wallabees (size 6 in maple suede). $80.96 (40% off) at Nordstrom. Because flare jeans are back, and these are classics. They go with everything, and they’re so dang comfy. So I’m bringing them back from my college days. Where we brought them back from our parents’ college days. Y’all, these shoes are never going to go away. Embrace it. This time next year, every basic college sorority girl and their mom is going to be wearing wallabees with their flare jeans. You heard it here first. CHECK! Thanks mom and dad! Y’all are the best!!!
(1) Southern Script Tee by The Well Dressed Southern Mess. $25.00. Follow this boutique on Instagram because they have the sassiest tees. And use the code DIXIEBELLE10 to save 10% on your purchase. Three things I love about this brand: (a) Their tagline: sassy shirts for your fab life. That right there just makes me want to buy something from them. Because I’m sassy, and I’m fabulous. And, if you’re reading this, then so are you. (b) The girls that run this store are sassy themselves, and they make you feel like you’re besties. If you visit their website, you’ll see what I mean. I mean, one of the categories is labeled “Werkout Gear.” All the heart eyes from me. (c) The tee shirts are ridiculously comfortable. They’re soft as all get out, and I like soft things. Plus, the owner of the boutique is an actual angel. For any order placed using the code DIXIEBELLE10, $2 will be donated toward the Ronald McDonald House of Charleston. It’s the place that’s made it possible for Matt and I to essentially live here while we’re away from home. They go above and beyond to make sure that every family has a place to stay, warm meals to eat, hot showers, and just love. All while their child is receiving treatment. Plus, they made Christmas pretty special for us this year with all of the donated toys and meals. CHECK!
Teeshirt was gifted to me by Well Dressed Southern Mess, but as always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
(2) Michael Todd Beauty Sonic Eraser Pro. ($119.00) This thing is so cool. It’s supposed to open your pores, so you get the most out of your anti-aging serums and stuff like that. Which I am all for. I want to be preventative while I still have young-looking skin. Hell, I’m 27, and these kids have already given me wrinkles and fine lines, I swear. I’m going to use this thing on the reg and get my money’s worth of every dollar spent on that genie juice anti-aging potion that I buy at Ulta. When I find the right product, I’ll let you know. CHECK!
I received this product complimentary from Michael Todd Beauty . All opinions are 100% my own #gifted #honestreview #octolyfamily
(3) Super Booster Whitening Pen by Gerard Cosmetics. Because whitening strips are so 2016. Whitening pens are where it’s at. It’s never been quicker or easier to whiten your teeth, and you are totally in control because you are literally painting your teeth with the whitening product. No more drool buckets from those dang strips that make your mouth all dry and gooey. A whitening pen is a must-have for every woman. Throw it in your purse. You can even whiten on the go. Like before you run into Target, or while you’re sitting in the carpool line. Easy peasy. And it’s totes affordable. $18.00, people, and you can use the code OCT30 for 30% off, so that brings it to about $12.00. For a whiter smile?! You can thank me later. CHECK!
I received this product complimentary from Gerard Cosmetics . All opinions are 100% my own #gifted #honestreview #octolyfamily
(4) A Lipstick Gift Kit. This is such an easy gift to buy because they’ve already bundled it into a pretty package for you. No need to worry about picking out the perfect shade because these makeup brands have put the best of the best into each package. Every fancy mommy needs lipstick. They just do. Toss them in your purse, so you’ve always got lip color with you. I used to HATE lipstick, but now I wear it all the time. Thanks mom! It’s the one piece of makeup that can totally dress up a look and make you look put-together. Even if you’re rocking your momiform (leggings and a teeshirt), you can still look totes fancy if you throw on a bright lip. I’ve rounded up my top three picks– and they’re all available at Ulta. Nope. Didn’t get any makeup this year, but I did make out like a bandit when my parents showed up with the most beautiful blue and white chinoiserie ginger jar for my new house! And they got me some monogrammed stationery too. Southern Belle WIN!
(a) Online only Cheers to Chubby Set by Clinique– $22.50. These fun lip crayons come in five bright colors that feel like butter on your lips. The rich color lasts all day, and they’re just cute. Clinique is pretty much good for everyone’s skin, so this is a safe bet.
(b) Be Legendary Lipstick & Lip Mattifier Set by Smashbox– $25.00. These are perfect for the girl that prefers a more natural look. The pinks and nudes are classic and understated. Perfect for everyday wear.
(c) Under the Kissletoe by Too Faced– $19.00. Four gorgeous colors to choose from. In melted liquid form. It’s applied like a gloss, but it wears like a stick. And Too Faced is one of my favorite brands.
(5) A pretty watch. Daniel Wellington style. My favorite is the Classic Petite Melrose in rose gold. $159.00. Use the code DIXIEBELLE for an extra 15% off. And while you’re at it, get yourself one too. Because the code can be used on top of the 10% off two promo that they’re already running. Good until the 31st. CHECK! CHECK!
These watches were gifted to us by Daniel Wellington, but as always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Our Christmas was spent with family in the hospital this year, so while it was one strange Christmas, it was pretty special having everyone together. We’re on Day 12 post stem cell transplant, and Reese is finally starting to perk up again, so we should be able to start talking about going home soon! And then the fun starts…Savannah James will be here before we know it. Keep the crazy coming! We’re still standing!