Hey y’all! I’ve been all over the place this week– between having the husband at home while we wait for residency to start, beginning looking at house plans and builders, finally getting my car fixed (I was rear-ended a couple of weeks ago), doctor’s appointments, and just general chaos, I haven’t been posting as consistently as I would like to.
I am going to try start trying to adhere to a blogging schedule. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. That way, y’all can at least know what to expect. Having a schedule will hold me accountable, and it will help so I don’t accidentally leave you hanging… because my life is just so interesting that I know it keeps you on the edge of your seat! I kid. I kid.
I’m thinking Monday is going to be random, Wednesdays will be style-related, and Fridays will be Friday Favorites– five things that I’m loving right now. That sort of thing.
So cheers to the first edition of Friday Favorites!
- Kortni Jeane swimwear. Y’all. This line of swim suits is the best thing to happen in the world of mom bods since flowy shirts and leggings became a thing. Not only are the silhouettes super flattering– because high-waisted is amazing for hiding a mom pooch– but only a few of each pattern are made, and once they’re sold out, they don’t restock. So the chances of running into another girl who is wearing the same suit as you are slim to none. And since they’re separates, the combinations are endless. My favorite– and the one I’m wearing in the pictures– is the swing top. It’s just so fun!
2. MMO (Mommy’s Morning Out) Drop-In Daycare. Seriously, whoever came up with the concept of a drop-in daycare is a genius. The nursery (usually associated with a church or pre-school) is open for a few hours, and you can swing by on whatever days you need to and leave your kids for a few hours (or the whole morning). It’s perfect for moms who work from home or for stay-at-home-moms that just need a little break every once in awhile. We’ve been meaning to take the boys for the past year, but we just finally took the plunge. And boy, am I glad we did. They did great, and it will be so good for them to socialize with other kids in a classroom setting on a regular basis.
3. The 2017 GMC Yukon. This is my mommy dream car. I’ve been driving this bad boy around all week while my dear Volvo is being repaired. I got rear-ended a few weeks ago, and it’s really too bad my car wasn’t totaled because this rental car has got me swooning. Take your time on those repairs, boys, because I’m totally content driving this whip around in the mean time. I feel so fancy– and don’t even get me started on how much room there is in the back. MOM CAR GOALS.
4. Our All State agent. He informed us about the Diminished Value of our Volvo after the accident, a good chunk of cash that Geico (the guy who hit me’s insurance) gets to pay us, but only if we ask about it. So we did, and they’re going to pay us. SCORE.
5. Zac Brown Band. It’s just good for my soul, y’all.