This week has been extremely busy for us– we finally got our beloved Volvo back from the shop, and it looks just as pretty as it ever has. But I’ll have to admit I was a little disappointed that I had to surrender my rental. For those of you that don’t know, I’ve been driving a fully-loaded 2017 GMC Yukon around while my car has been in the shop, and that thing was FANCY. But anyhow, since I’ve got nothing interesting for y’all right now, I’m going to leave you with my Friday Faves!
1. Shrimp and Grits Kids. This has always been one of my favorite places to shop for my little boys’ clothes. They have the cutest little smocked outfits, and they are local to South Carolina. My favorite thing about Shrimp and Grits Kids is the fact that it was founded by a sweet little momma from Charleston, SC. Y’all know how much I love supporting local businesses, so when Shrimp and Grits reached out to me to send my boys some of their smocks, I was all over it. The quality is unbeatable, and the prices are very affordable, compared to a lot of the other smocked name brands. These little crab outfits are perfect for summer days on the coast. Cole has on this jon jon, and Reese is wearing this bubble. Side note: WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET THEM TO SIT STILL FOR A DANG PICTURE?!?!?! #momproblems #toddlerlife #awkwardfamilyphotos
2. Off-the-shoulder (OTS) tops. Y’all. Something about shoulders is all the rage right now, and unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve probably seen some pretty tops like the one I’m wearing below. They’re SO FUN. They’re so flirty, and it kind of feels like you’re being really sexy when you’re wearing it because it feels like your top is falling down… but it’s not, so don’t worry. They’re totally cool, and you should get one. I got this one here.
3. Cut-off shorts. I seriously wear these every day. They’re perfect for momming because you can wear them with a ratty old t-shirt (or a nice top, if you’re feeling fancy), and still look like you’re totally put together. Because fashion. I love them so much, I have them in three different washes– light, medium, and white (sold out, so here is the same pair but in black). So sassy.
4. Pecan pie. I can’t get enough of this lately. I day-tripped to Charleston with a sweet friend this week, and we ate at Magnolia’s, where I had the best slice of pecan pie I’ve had in years. Y’all. It was that good. I almost bought a second piece to go, but I stopped myself. It wasn’t easy.
5. Date nights. The hubs and I have been bickering a lot lately, and it’s totally because we haven’t been on a date in over two weeks. That’ll do it to ya. So tonight, we’re making up for lost time, and we’re ditching the kiddos, and heading to our favorite drinking spot 😉 Cheers to the weekend, lovelies!!
Disclaimer: this post was sponsored by Shrimp and Grits Kids, but as usual, all opinions are my own, and I only endorse products that my family genuinely loves.